4:51 Short Film Festival
UW-Stout Family Weekend
Friday, April 3, 2020
The Terrace, Memorial Student Union
The 4:51 Short Film Festival encourages aspiring student filmmakers to create a short cinematic adaptation of any piece of literature published during the 1920s. The published piece could be a portion of a short story, a passage from a novel, a scene from a play, or a poem. If the adaptation uses a foreign language, then the film should include English subtitles. This film adaptation must not be longer than 4 minutes 51 seconds in length.
- 4:51 is a juried competition, open to any student filmmaker currently enrolled at UW-Stout. Works will be considered for competition only if they are of a total running time of 4 minutes 51 seconds or less. The Festival committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any project.
- All qualified entries must be independently produced and financed. Films produced, financed or developed by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition.
- Submit Films to 4:51 by providing the festival judging committee with access to an online VIMEO or YouTube link. Please provide an online link to the film on the VIMEO or YouTube website platform. All appropriate passwords must be included on the entry form. Please note: only VIMEO or YouTube online screeners will be accepted. Online link submissions and entry forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A completed entry form must be submitted with each project. Unsigned entry forms will be rejected.
- The entry must also include the following: film description (50 words or less), complete production credits, group photo of team members (digital, 200 dpi min.), team member bios, and (3) stills from the film (digital, 200 dpi min.) as well as proof of compliance with all applicable copyright laws.
- All submitted promotional materials become the property of the 4:51 Film Festival. These materials cannot be returned. By submitting this material and signing the release form, you acknowledge 4:51’s right to copy any material for the festival’s non-commercial use only.
Please note: the 4:51 Short Film Festival does NOT charge an entry fee.
- The deadline for submission is Thursday, March 12, 2020
Entries are pre-screened by the Festival Judging Committee. This panel selects three films from the submission field. These Official Selection Films are then given public exhibition during UW–Stout Family Weekend.
The mission of the 4:51 Short Film Festival is to celebrate and encourage aspiring student filmmakers. Festival public screening programs are designed to highlight the creators as much as the work itself. All exhibited films are introduced by a commentator.
Phone: (715) 505-8262
Joan Navarre, Festival Director: email@example.com
ALL VIMEO AND/OR YOUTUBE LINK ENTRIES AND ONLINE ENTRY FORMS EMAILED TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach all additional required materials in the same email.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MARCH 12, 2020