Our online EDUC 665 Classroom Management and Mindfulness course will give you research-based strategies to implement mindfulness in the classroom and support educator well-being.
You will learn to strengthen your classroom management skills and minimize and prevent behavioral issues using mindfulness practices both in and out of the classroom.
Online Registration Form
Register now to reserve a spot. There is no registration fee to reserve a class.
Our Classroom Management and Mindfulness course includes how to:
- Integrate mindful practices and improve your students’ social-emotional learning, self-regulation, motivation, and academic performance.
- Improve class climate while reducing test anxiety and bullying.
- Apply mindfulness to student-teacher interpersonal communication.
- Develop mindful approaches to the organization of space, routines, and procedures at all grade levels.
- Learn mindfulness tools for both personal and professional use.
You will choose a topic for your final project that relates to your classroom/school. For example, explore using mindful practices for students with ADHD or focus your project to assist your administrator with evidence-based school-wide initiatives for mindfulness programs.
Three semester hours of graduate credit
Instructor: Dr. Ann Brand
Fall: September 20 - November 12, 2021
Tuition: $476 per semester hour graduate credit ($1,428 for a three-credit course)
Fall Tuition Due - October 2021
If you need a copy of the syllabus for your employer to approve enrollment in the class, email: Online Professional Development or call 715-642-0209.
We invite you to enroll in our Classroom Management and Mindfulness course to meet your professional development goals if you need a license renewal, graduate credits, or just a refresher course.
This course is an approved elective in the Master of Science in Education online degree program.
Our online Classroom Management and Mindfulness course allows you to complete your weekly assignments as they best fit your schedule. All discussion postings and projects are submitted online.
Mindfulness for Educators - Video by instructor Dr. Ann Brand
Our students include:
- Elementary, middle school, and high school educators
- Guidance counselors
- Special education teachers
- School library media specialists
- School social workers
- Those working with incarcerated youth outside of traditional K-12 education