In response to COVID-19, Dining Services will be following CDC and local health department recommendations and guidelines to keep employees and guests safe. While this is the most updated information to date, there will continue to be changes as we work with our partners to respond to the changing nature of COVID-19. Please continue to check this website and your university e-mail for additional updates.
Face Mask/Cloth Face Coverings
- Employees will wear a face mask or face covering
- Employees will be trained to properly wear a face covering or mask
Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Follow guidance from the CDC and local health department
- Sanitize high-contact areas with increased frequency
- Sanitize tables and chairs when used
- Sanitize all food contact areas after each use
- Sanitation stations available for guests where appropriate
- Hand sinks available at the entrance and exits of cafeteria locations
- Additional electrostatic disinfection used when operations are closed
Menus and Dining Plan Updates
- Modified menus to help with quick service
- Cafeteria options will include hot and cold entrees, vegetable, starch, two sides, dessert, and beverage
- On-Campus Baseline Plan holders will also have options in retail locations at Baseline prices
- Touchless beverage systems will be available.
- No self-service salad bars
Food and Beverage Preparation and Safety Practices
- Adhering to the requirements in Wisconsin Food Code
- Wearing gloves when handling food
- Full-time staff trained using Serv-Safe certification
Social Distancing, Food Pick-up, and Service Safety Practices
- Dining rooms, service areas, and kitchens will have social distancing guidelines
- Installation of barriers and sneeze shields at service and cashier locations
- Tap payment options available at all locations
- Cashless cafeteria service
- All areas will be marked to help adhere to social distancing
- Menus and kitchen workflows adjusted to help maintain social distancing
- Avoid handing anything directly to the customer
- Designated pick up zones for customers
- Recovery meal mobile ordering system through TRANSACT Mobile ordering
- Delivery of recovery meals for those ill, isolating or quarantine
- Promotion of using off-peak dining hours
- Continuous service between lunch and dinner to spread out guest traffic
- Mobile ordering and payment is available through our TRANSACT Mobile ordering app.
Additional Customer Protections
- Signage on our policies and safety instructions available in dining locations
- Hand sanitizer stations available at all entrances and exits to food service facilities
- Disposable ware will be used in most situations
- Take out containers used for all meal service
- Limited self-service areas
- No buffet service
- Physical guides for queuing lines
- Online employee applications available
- Employee training and orientation moved to virtual formats
- All employees will have additional COVID-19 training on how to help keep people safe
- Cashiers will wear gloves to handle cash in retail operations
- Only students living on campus will be allowed in cafeteria locations
Fall 2020 Dining Plans
- Student unused Baseline, Baseline Plus, or Flexline Dining Funds will rollover to Spring 2021
Important Dates and Times
- Look for hours of operation in the "Where to eat" section of the Dining website. Hours are subject to change.
- Cafeterias will close like normal on November 24th at 3pm.
- The Blue Devil Market will be open November 25 - 28th 10am to 4pm for those staying over Thanksgiving break.
- The Blue Devil Market will be open on November 29th at 10am.
- Cafeterias will open at 4pm for dinner November 29th.
- Cafeterias and retail operations will remain open after Thanksgiving break.
Download the TRANSACT Mobile Ordering app
Find additional entree's, entree salads, deli sandwiches and build to order items on the TRANSACT Mobile Ordering app