Incoming Veteran Student Benefits

Incoming Stout students have the opportunity to receive veteran or military education benefits.
In this Section

Receiving Benefits

In order to receive veteran or military education benefits at UW-Stout, there are a few steps you must complete:

  1. Apply to UW-Stout.
  2. Determine your eligibility. Please contact either UW-Stout Veteran Services, a Military Education Liaison/Office, or your County Veteran Service Officer (CVSO).
  3. Apply for benefits. Ensure you apply for benefits with ample time before a term begins. Applications can take extended periods of time before being approved, possibly resulting in delayed payments.
  4. Complete a Veteran Benefits Worksheet online. This worksheet is used to notify our office that you are enrolled in classes and are requesting us to process your benefits. It must be completed once per each term/semester that you would like us to process your benefits.
  5. Submit required paperwork. Each individual benefit requires different paperwork and applications. If you are unsure if you have submitted the correct paperwork, please contact us as soon as possible.
  6. Submit Your Military Transcripts. To receive college credit for military experience and training, request your official military transcript be sent to UW-Stout. After receiving the transcript, our Transfer Coordinator can award credit based on recommendations by the American Council on Education.
  7. Follow up. If you ever have any questions or concerns, let us know how we can help.