Now that you have fab lab equipment, what do you do with it?
SUMMER TRAINING OPTIONS
June 20-22, 2023
July 18-20, 2023
Fox Valley Technical College*
- Develop a fab lab curriculum
- Understand how a fab lab is used to foster multi-disciplinary learning
- Use simple problems to teach age-appropriate STEAM concepts
- Consider your fab lab setup, training, and operation
- Challenge students to identify the problem, imagine solutions, weigh ideas, prototype, and test
- Hear how your fab lab can engage with industry and community members
- Get a pre-workshop consult to understand your needs and post-workshop support!
$450 or $300 each if you bring a friend.
WiFAB West - June 20-22, 2023
Vocational Rehabilitation Bldg.
221 10th Ave. E.
Menomonie, WI 54751
WiFAB East - July 18-20, 2023
Fox Valley Technical College
1825 N. Bluemound Drive
Appleton, WI 54912
"Digital fabrication is wonderful for students to experience at any age. The idea that you can take your abstract thoughts and ideas and make a physical object out of them is very empowering.”
- Chris Wiemer, Stoughton High School
"I knew very little about Fab Lab equipment or how to build a curriculum around that. But after this week-long workshop we've had and really diving into it and thinking about it, I feel like I am more prepared as an educator. And that is something I can bring back to my school and share with everybody there."
- Mackenzie Bennin, Granton Area School District