Spring 2019 Regional Placement Testing
All new students attending UW-Stout are required to take the UW-System Placement Tests. You do not need to take the placement tests at the UW school you are attending. You may take the tests at any UW-System Placement Testing site in Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Illinois that are listed on the Wisconsin Regional Testing website: https://exams.wisc.edu/placement/regionaltesting/information.php
How to Register for Regional Placement Testing
Regional Placement Testing Registration begins on February 1, 2019. You will need to register on the Wisconsin Regional Placement Testing website. It is advised that students register as soon as possible especially if you are looking to take the Regional Placement Test on a specific date or at a specific testing site.
- All results are automatically sent to UW-Stout if UW-Stout is selected on your test answer sheet.
- A non-refundable $30.00 placement testing fee will be charged to all new students' first tuition bill at the UW-System school they will be attending in the fall.
Residual Placement Testing
The purpose of residual placement testing is to provide the university with information to place students in the correct courses based on their academic skills in particular subjects.
- Placement tests are given in English, Mathematics, and World Languages.
- There is a $10 fee for each test. Be sure to print off your payment confirmation when you register for testing.
- To schedule a time to take the placement test or if you have additional questions contact: firstname.lastname@example.org