Placing an Order
Official Transcripts can be ordered online. Please visit our vendor, TranscriptsPlus, to see prices and enter your order.
Current students and recent graduates: You can expedite the process by logging in to Access Stout, navigating to your Student Center, and clicking on the "Request Official Transcript" link beneath the "other enrollment" drop-down menu. A step-by-step guide is available to assist you with the process.
Note: If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at 847-716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
Intelligent Mail Barcoding for first-class mailed transcripts
University of Wisconsin - Stout has appointed Credentials Solutions of Northfield, IL, as our agent for printing and mailing academic transcript documents via the Credentials’ eRoboMail™ service. The official transcript documents produced by Credentials’ TranscriptsNetwork™ are official documents and contain all pertinent course information as recorded by the University of Wisconsin - Stout. Transcript requests that are ordered to be delivered by regular mail via the United States Post Office, will have an Intelligent Mail Barcode on them for tracking purposes.
When an order is complete the student is sent an order completed email that includes the link to our self-service webpage where the student will be able to review the status of their order. The student can also track or check the status of their order at any time.
Once the student is logged into self-service, under the “Transcripts Recipient” section the student will be able to view the IMB (Intelligent Mail Barcoding) scans by the post office.
The Fastest Way to Send an Official Transcript!
What are E-Transcripts?
What does "PDF Downloaded by Recipient" mean?
- When you see this option on the order screen it means that the school from which you are ordering your transcript is capable of delivering transcripts in a PDF file format and the school you have selected to receive the transcript is participating in the Credentials' TranscriptsNetwork™ and is able to receive PDF transcripts electronically from us.
What does this mean to me and why should I prefer this method of delivery over other methods such as 1st Class Mail or Fedex?
- This option represents one of the fastest methods for delivering your transcript to the receiving institution. Using this option normally means that once the sending school has completed the processing of your order, it will be delivered much faster to the receiving institution. In addition, we will send you an email confirming the delivery so you will know immediately that your transcript has been received. With traditional "First-Class Mail", there is no way to confirm that your transcript has been received.
When I receive the email acknowledgement, does it mean that the receiving institution has completed the processing of my transcript data?
- Normally the receiving institution must still do additional work on your information before it actually appears in their student records system. For this reason, you might call the admissions office and they may still respond that your transcript is not in their system. However, if we have sent you an email acknowledgement, then you can rely on the fact that your transcript is in the possession of the receiving institution but possibly still being processed. Your email acknowledgement from us is similar to a delivery confirmation from the U.S. Post Office on an Express Mail or Priority Mail package. It is also like confirming delivery of a FedEx or UPS package by tracking it online.
My order was entered as "PDF Delivered Electronically to Recipient but it has been several days and I have not received an email acknowledgement that it has been delivered. What could have gone wrong?
- Once your order is entered into our system, any of the following situations could be affecting the delivery of your transcript:
- All transcript orders require some form of authentication or authorization. If you were not originally authenticated by the sending institution at the time your order was placed or your order was eligible for "Automatic Authorization" but we could not match the information you provided to information in the institution's student records system, then your order may be waiting on you to send in a signed Authorization Form. If this is the case, we will be sending you a reminder notice and a copy of an Authorization Form.
- It is possible that you have an outstanding obligation to the institution and this is preventing your order from being processed. If so, you should have received an email from us telling you about this problem and how to correct it.
- If you entered any of the student identifying data incorrectly (such as Social Security Number, date of birth, or student name) the institution's staff may be having trouble locating your records.
- If you attended the institution prior to the time they began maintaining electronic records, then it is possible that you are seeing this option because you entered your from/to attendance years incorrectly on the order screen and the institution will be unable to complete your order electronically. This "PDF Delivered Electronically to Recipient" option only appears on our screens when both the "Attended From" and the "Attended To" years on the order form are later than the first year of electronic data maintained by the institution.
- If the email address that you entered on your order was incorrect or if your email provider is blocking our emails to you (firstname.lastname@example.org), then you will not receive our notifications about problems with your order and will not receive our authorization reminder forms. Note: if you never received your order receipt email from us, then there may be a problem with the email address you provided and you should contact our Customer Service Department.
- If you selected a "Hold for Grades" or "Hold for Degree" option on your order (if the institution offered such an option), then your order will typically not be completed until this information has been posted at the end of the term.
Can my 3rd party PDF be uploaded to an application service?
The 3rd party PDF is encrypted for security purposes. The encryption cannot be removed. When submitting the PDF to an application service, not all services will allow for an encrypted PDF to be uploaded. In this circumstance the PDF would need to be printed, scanned, and then uploaded to the application service. PDF transcripts viewed electronically are recognized as official documents. A printed copy of the PDF Transcript will be considered "unofficial" and will display the words "PRINTED COPY" on all pages of the PDF.
**Please be advised that if your transcript is being sent internationally, the BEST method for delivery is International Federal Express. If First Class Mail is the chosen method; delivery may take 3-4 weeks and no package tracking will be provided
Checking the Status of Your Order
Please click on the link or TranscriptsPlus® icon below to check the status of your order.