Along with the students, five faculty and staff will present:
- Wei Shi, associate professor of engineering and technology, “Integrating Undergraduate Research into Electrical Engineering Curriculum”
- Heather Stecklein, university archivist, “Expanding the Accessibility of Undergraduate Student Research”
- Keith Gilland, assistant professor of environmental science, “Embedding Authentic Inquiry in a First-year Environmental Science Course: Lessons Learned on Group Work, Student Self-efficacy, and Being Comfortable in Your Own Teaching Skin”
- Jason Liu, lecturer in operations and management, “Fostering the Implementation of Industry 4.0 in SMEs: A Life Cycle Cost Analysis”
- Mary Spaeth, assistant professor of business, “Catalyzing Creative Inquiry via Faculty Led Study Abroad: Entrepreneurship through the Arts”
Faculty mentors scheduled to attend are Devin Berg, Seth Berrier, Kevin Doll, Keith Gilland, Arthur Kneeland, Tina Lee, Amanda Little, Christopher Marshall, Marcia Miller-Rodeberg, Matthew Ray, Tyler Skorczewski, Brian Teague, Ahmet Turkmen, Ana Magdalena Vande Linde, Keith Wojciechowski and Sarah Wood.
Other staff attending will be from the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs, which coordinates all extramural funding and research at UW-Stout and manages the dissemination of student grants funded by Stout University Foundation.
ORSP also oversees publication of the annual Journal of Student Research. The newest edition of the journal will be launched on Tuesday, May 2, at UW-Stout’s annual Research Day, where more than 150 student projects will be presented.