The Sales & Marketing minor prepares graduates to enter the world of business focused on sales and marketing knowledge. A minor in sales & marketing complements major degree programs across the spectrum. Students will gain sales and marketing knowledge to be successful by giving them an edge over the competition as a selling professional, territory manager, market developer, and many other aspects relating to sales in all industries.
In keeping with the polytechnic designation of UW-Stout, a course in business analytics, as well as the selection of a course related to e-commerce or social media marketing management, are included in the Sales & Marketing minor requirements. Students will also gain knowledge through faculty with connections in multiple industry sectors who know what employers are looking for in graduates considering part or all of their professional responsibilities related to sales and marketing.
- Develop skills in marketing using learned marketing strategy and analyzing environmental factors that impact the marketing activities.
- Demonstrate a theoretical and practical understanding of sales and marketing to market goods and services to select markets.
- Build knowledge in sales management and exhibit an understanding of professional selling and market development for an organization
- Develop knowledge of how sales and marketing are incorporated into various industries such as retail, hospitality, construction, and health & wellness in selling professional positions.
- Conduct a sales and marketing presentations highlighting the selling, handling, and closing of a sale.
- Demonstrate skills in the practical application of business analytics tools to determine performance indicators and to drive business and operations management decisions and actions.
To declare a minor, complete the "Applying for a Minor" survey online, and you will be given further instructions. Once this has been processed you will receive an e-mail confirmation from the Advisement Center.