Welcome to UW-Stout - we are so excited to have you as a new student!
We're happy you will be joining us this Fall! Your next step is to attend First-Year Registration and Orientation (FYRO). Your experience will be comprised of three steps:
- Advising and Registration - You’ll work with your First-Year Advisor and register for fall classes.
- Orientation - We’ll help you build connections with campus, learn about the resources available, and pick up your UW-Stout issued laptop.
- Week One - At the start of Fall semester we’ll welcome you to campus with events and activities to help you connect to campus.
Advising and Registration
If you are still making plans for fall, it's not too late to choose UW-Stout!
Your next step is to attend First-Year Registration. Registration dates will be offered virtually the first three Thursdays in July and in-person in late July and August.
Check your UW-Stout email for an invitation to sign-up.
Make-up Registration Dates
You will choose ONE of these options. Review both options below, but for best class availability we encourage you to choose the earliest date that works for you.
Virtual first-year registration: This option will provide the same registration experience you would receive on campus in a unique and engaging online synchronous format and will allow you to select your Fall classes! This experience will require you to be online from 1-4 PM on your selected registration day. You would then be invited to attend in-person Orientation on-campus in Late July or August.
In-person First-Year Registration and Orientation: This is a combined program that includes both class registration and the Orientation experience in one day and will be held on-campus. This will be a full day experience (8am-3pm).
This is your opportunity to meet other new students, get to know campus and pick-up your UW-Stout laptop! Attendance is not required but highly encouraged. If you are unable to attend in-person, we will be recording sessions and posting them to the FYRO Canvas Course, and you will pick-up your laptop as part of Week One Orientation.
A parent/guardian/guest are absolutely welcome, but not required to attend. Each student will be allowed one guest. Students and guests will be separated for the entire day. Informational sessions will be provided to guests on housing, financial aid and tuition, campus safety, health and counseling, student employment, dining services and more!
Please complete these steps today to reserve your date:
- Find your Orientation invitation in your UW-Stout email account.
- Check your personal calendar for other commitments and select a date when you are able to attend the full program 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.