A Worthwhile Investment
Deciding to study in a foreign university can be a big decision. We want to let you know though that a degree from UW-Stout is a valuable investment, and we aren't just stating opinions — we've got the numbers to back it up:
- 99.4% of our students are employed or continuing education after graduation.
- UW-Stout students earn $4 over the lifetime of their career for every $1 they invest in their education.
- The average annual rate of return for a UW-Stout degree is 15%.
We're proud of what we can offer to the students who choose us.
Estimated 2023-2024 International Student Tuition and Fees
|Tuition and Fees||$18,470||$18,171||$12,179|
|Food and Living Expenses||$3,144||$3,144||$3,144|
|Books & Supplies||$225||$225||$0|
Scholarships are available for qualifying students, visit International Student Scholarships for more information.
Important Information About Tuition and Fees
- Undergraduate tuition and fees are based off of 30 credits.
- Graduate tuition and fees vary by program. Listed estimates are based on 18 credits.
- ESL Institute tuition and fees are based off of 24 credits.
- Tuition and fees are required to be paid at the beginning of each semester. Costs for tuition and fees are based on estimated increases for the coming year and are subject to change. Costs vary by program.
- Many international students live and eat on campus. The housing contract reserves your room and meal plan for the school year, and you can also choose to live on campus during the summer (no summer meal plan available). Suite-style housing may be available on campus at a cost of $4,850 for the academic year. On-campus graduate housing is most likely not available. Some students choose to live off campus, and costs are similar, depending upon the type of apartment.
- Health insurance is mandatory. Additional health insurance cost estimates (academic year):
- Spouse: $1,808.00
- Each child: $1,808.00
- Dependents: Support of dependents is not included in the above estimates. An additional $8,000 yearly (including insurance) is estimated for support of spouse and $5,500 (including insurance) for each child. In order to receive a Visa for spouse and children, you must show that you have funds to cover their expenses. Funds are not available in Menomonie or at UW-Stout to cover these costs.
- An annual increase in total expenses of approximately 8% should be taken into consideration when making financial plans for more than one year of study at UW-Stout.
- The M.S Applied Mathematics and Data Science and M.S. Risk Control and Safety Management programs are designed on accelerated models and have adjusted estimated tuition and fees. Please contact the UW-Stout Graduate School (email@example.com) for more information.
ALL COSTS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.